Happy when she walked in
Sayler's class and one of the older classes
With Ms. Jessica & Mrs. Robin. We LOVE her teachers!
Sayler's Kids Day Out had their annual Christmas Program and Sayler's class dressed as presents this year. I helped with the program so I was there early that morning and able to watch the dress rehearsal. I hid so she couldn't see me and she did a great job. I should have had my video camera with me for the rehearsal because she cried through part of the real thing. We sat in the front row and as soon as she saw us when she walked in she started crying and cried on and off through the whole thing. A lot of the kids on stage were crying. It was sad and funny at the same time. Some kids were so upset that their parents had to get them and let them sit in the audience. By the end there were tons of empty spots on stage. Sayler's teachers took turns holding her and she was fine. She would cry and then get distracted and stop, but start up again when she saw us. Next time I guess we'll have to sit where she can't see us. After the program we had a Christmas party in her classroom. She has a great group of kids in her class and I really like the other moms that I know in there. It was sad to say goodbye to her teachers and friends since we won't see them for several weeks over the Christmas break.
Here's a picture from last year's Christmas program. All but one of the kids was in her class again this year. They've all gotten so big!

No comments:
Post a Comment